Meet The Family
With nearly 30 years in business, Staples is the world's largest office products company serving customers and businesses with a wide range of products including office supplies, technology, furniture and business services.
Staples opened the first office supply superstore in 1986. With $22.5 billion in sales, Staples serves businesses of all sizes and consumers in 27 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Staples Business AdvantageTM is the business-to-business division of Staples, working with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs with specialized pricing, dedicated account management, and a complete assortment of products and services.
Formerly known as Corporate Express, Staples Business Advantage is the leading supplier in Canada, providing business customers with office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
More information about Staples (NASDAQ: SPLS) is available at www.staples.com.
- North American Operations includes Staples Business Advantage®, Quill® and subsidiaries throughout the country. North American Operations represents 33% of Staples' total business.
- North American Stores and Online (NASO) includes our U.S. and Canadian retail stores and Staples.com®. This segment makes up 49% of Staples' total business.
- Staples® International includes retail and delivery businesses serving customers outside of North America and makes up 18% of Staples' total business.
Quick Facts about Staples Inc.
- 85,000 associates worldwide
- Second largest eRetailer in the world, behind Amazon.com
- More than 2,200 stores worldwide
- A Fortune Most Admired Company – No. 114 on Fortune 500 list (2012)
- Publicly traded on NASDAQ (SPLS), listed on S&P 500